Tuesday, March 27, 2012

what does that say?

well since my last post, I've gained weight. 

when I started my new job I knew that changes would come.  however, I didn't exactly think they would be on the scale.  I never realized how much moving I did at the restaurant.  of course I knew I was running my butt off but I didn't realized quite how much I suppose.  so when I changed jobs, I changed nothing else.  big mistake...

I decided one day to weight myself while at work.  I go into triage, turn on the scale, step on... what? 298.1, by far the scariest number I've ever seen.  I REFUSE to be 300 pounds.  so since discovering such a scary number on the scale I've joined a gym, tried to eat better and have lost 8.5 pounds.  side note: I actually lost 11 pounds, but then I went on vacation.  :o/

so even though I'm an awful blogger, we are going to try this again......

3 comments:

  1. Weight loss is SO FRUSTRATING, but I know you can do it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate! Except I did make a change that I knew would create weight gain :( With Opha prepping to leave, he started going to the gym while I was at work so we could spend our evenings together, so I quit going to the gym. Big mistake. I gained back about 15lbs, which might not seem like much but it was HUGE for me. So now that Opha's gone and I need to fill my time, I'm going back to the gym after work again and really really watching what I eat--back to strict Paleo for me! So we can get back on the horse together :) You've got this, Melikie and I know that if you put your mind to it, you're going to succeed! <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Luck Nicole - I know how hard it is to lose weight...... stick to it - it is mind over matter. Alexandra keeps telling me that! It seems to be working - today after just 3 Dorito's, I closed the bag and walked away....... Keep the faith - you can do it!!!
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete